Master of Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration
For high potential professionals with a solid experience who aspire for a high quality education in the management of public operation at an affordable cost. The program blends a solid foundation in general management and offer students the possibility to practice what they learned by completing projects or internships in public services. Students can complete the master of public administration in twelve months full-time without interruption, or full-time for fifteen or eighteen months with an internship. They may also enroll the program part-time taking one or two courses per term and complete it in fourteen months to thirty six months, the maximum time to complete the degree being seven years, except in case a major event arises, which the university may review for possible extension.
The graduate of this program may hold positions as managers, project managers, directors, executives in public organizations, government, and even in private for business organizations.
1. Applicants must have one of the following a bachelor degree or an equivalent from an accredited or an authorized university
2. Applicants with undergraduate GPA lower than 2.50 will either take The Nova International University (NIU) Graduate Study Aptitude Test, which is an online test offered by NIU or the GMAT
3. A resume (or a curriculum vitae) detailing work experiences, skills, and education
4. An essay/letter describing the reasons why the candidate has decided to apply for admission into the program (one to two pages)
5. Applicants who did not previously study in English must complete language requirements described in II.9.3 of this catalog by taking one of the following tests TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, Cambridge Exam, and CEFR.
Economics for Managers (3 cr)
Accounting for managers (3 cr)
Personal Finance and Investment (1 cr)
Negotiation (1 cr)
Management Communication (1cr)
Public Financial Management (3 cr)
Management of Information Technologies and systems (3 cr)
Project Management: Public service focus (3 cr)
Quantitative and Qualitative Analyses for public services (3 cr)
Public Administration in the 21st Century (3cr)
Lean enterprise: Public service focus (3 Cr)
Urban Development (3 cr)
Rural Development (3 cr)
Public Policy (3 cr)
Internship or Project (0 cr)
Total: 36 Credits
Apply by downloading the application form, and following the instructions. You can download the application form by clicking on the link below in blue scripts.