Master of Finance
The Master of Finance
The purpose of the master of Finance is to develop managers and executives who understand at a broad and deep level the fundamental of financial management. Graduates of the program should be able to lead financial organizations or the financial units of organizations for success in performance years over years. The graduates of the program may hold the following positions: financial managers, controllers, directors of finance, vice presidents of operations, vice presidents of finance, chief financial officers, investors, consultants, and chief executive officers. Students can complete the master of finance in twelve months full-time. They may also complete the program part-time taking one or two courses per term and complete it in sixteen months to thirty six months, the maximum time to complete the degree being seven years, except in case a major event arises, which the university may review for possible extension.
1. Applicants must have one of the following a bachelor degree or an equivalent from an accredited or an authorized university
2. Applicants with undergraduate GPA lower than 2.50 will either take The Nova International University (NIU) Graduate Study Aptitude Test or take either the GMAT or the GRE. The NIU GSAT will be given online.
3. A resume (or a curriculum vitae) detailing work experiences, skills, and education.
4. An essay/letter describing the reasons why the candidate has decided to apply for admission into the program (one to two pages)
5. Applicants who did not previously study in English must complete language requirements described in II.9.3 of this catalog by taking one of the following tests TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, Cambridge Exam, and CEFR.
Economics for Managers (3 cr)
Accounting for Managers (3 cr)
Managerial Communication (1 cr)
Negotiation (1 cr)
Personal Finance and Investment (1 cr)
Financial Management and Decision Making (3 cr)
Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring (3 cr)
International Finance (3 cr)
Management of Financial Services (3 cr)
Venture Capital and Private Equity (3 cr)
Topics in Corporate Finance (3 cr)
Financial Risk Management (3 cr)
Financial Engineering (3 cr)
Financial Strategy (3 cr)
Project or Internship (0 cr)
Total: 36 credits
Schedule for the One-Year Master of Finance
Accounting for managers (3 cr), Financial Management & Decision Making (3 cr), Managerial Communication (1cr)
Fall Term 2
Economic for Managers (3 cr), International Finance (3 cr), Personnal Finance and Invesment (1 cr)
Topics in Finance (3 cr), Financial Risk Management (3 cr.), Negotiation (1 cr.)
Venture Capital and Private Equity (3 cr.), Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructuring (3 cr.)
Management of Financial Services (3 cr), Financial Engineering: Derivatives and Securities (3 cr.)
Financial Strategy (3 cr.)
Apply by downloading the application form, and following the instructions. You can download the application form by clicking on the link below in blue scripts.